Kaunas University of Technology
Kaunas University of Technology is the largest technical university in Lithuania, see the link https://en.ktu.edu/ It contains 9 faculties, 10 institutes, number of centers, departments, and laboratories. Kaunas University of Technology is known for its linkages with business, leadership in scientific research, flexible interdisciplinary study programmes and unforgettable study experience, University is fast forwarding to becoming an internationally acknowledged institution of higher education.
Kaunas University of Technology is a coordinator of Lithuanian Distance Education Network (www.liedm.lt) and is contractor for several major national projects for ICT development in Higher Education.
E-Learning and Distance Education services at University are mainly provided by E-Learning Technology Centre that is the leading center in Lithuania while the e-Learning research activities are concentrated in the Faculty of Informatics, where Research Laboratory on Distance Learning Technologies is established.
Faculty of Informatics (https://fi.ktu.edu/) are working very close with schools in Lithuania, by organizing different events together for kids from primary and secondary schools. The faculty was established an “Academy of Informikas”, see the link konkursai.if.ktu. lt In this academy frame faculty is organizing free programming lessons and different IT contests for schoolchildren.
Also, we have a Young Computers Users Schools for kids in non-formal education with totally ~500 kids from 10-18 years old, see the link https://jkm.ktu.edu/
Community of Kaunas University of Technology
• Number of students: 10 895 (7 895 undergraduate, 2 648 masters, 566 international students, and 352 Ph.D. students)
• Alumni: ~130 000 • Academic Staff: ~1 000 Academic&Research Overview
• Number of study programmes: 156 (including 62 in English, 64 undergraduate, 73 masters, 19 Ph.D. programmes)
•Member of EUA, CESAER, EUCEN, and other international educational network organizations
• Number of international research publications per year: ~442
• Participation in international research programmes (7FP, COST, EUREKA, etc.): 88.
• Funds from international research programmes comprise 25 percent of KTU’s annual research budget; 46 percent of R&D capital comes from foreign companies Regional Impact • Host of two Integrated science, studies and business valleys (Santaka and Nemunas)
• Number of business start-ups: 27 Kaunas University of Technology is the first university in Lithuania, which developed the MOOC in National language and piloted with totally more than 2000 participants. The researchers of the institution carried out several researches in institutional and national levels on the MOOC design and implementation.