ABOUT THE PROJECT
“Bio-Inspired STEM topics for engaging young generations (BioS4You)” is a project supported by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ program, Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnerships for school education.
BioS4You aims to engage new generations, through formal and non-formal education and active-learning activities, in STEM subjects by introducing them to the bio-inspired technologies, to both the biologically inspired engineering and the scientific innovations, new treatments, technology and processes that could make a real difference in the improvement of life and environment.
Specifically, the main goal of BioS4You is to realize various actions for STEM educators and support programs for young people, and young women, in particular, focusing on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, starting from the idea to relieve them of the fear and insecurity of these topics and to encourage them to the study of their subjects.
It lasts 30 months 01-11-2019 / 30-04-2022
The objectives of BioS4You are:
- To cultivate 21st-century skills such as creativity and innovation, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration;
- To inspire and improve the competence of teachers in order to teach novel topics, such as bio-inspired science and engineering, biotechnology;
- To increase the teacher professional development, digital skills, and competencies;
- To promote collaborative work and exchange of knowledge and ideas among teachers in Europe.
The BioS4You activities are:
- To assess the awareness and the needs of the two target groups (teachers and students) about the connection between modern technology and natural mechanisms;
- To identify hot topics in biotech innovation of interest in STEM education, developing a BioS4You methodology for school curriculum;
- To establish the BioS4You e-learning platform adapted for STEM curriculum designing;
- To train at least 250 school teachers to develop learning units about nature-inspired topics for STEM education;
- To create 40 national (10 in each country) teaching/learning units and 5 transnational ones for STEM education;
- To implement pilot- study of bio-inspired teaching/learning environments in school curricula and in informal settings;
- To provide the possibilities to discover new and innovative curricula about STEM topics to a wide range of EU audiences including the sector of school education, stakeholders, the scientific community as well as the general public.
INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 1
RESEARCH ON HOW TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING BRING STEM TO LIFE AND VICE VERSA.
A research phase which aims to clarify some aspects relevant to the bio-inspired technologies and the relation with the young generations.
INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 2
BioS4You E-LEARNING PLATFORM.
A digital environment in which students and teachers can have the access to all materials developed during the project. The platform has direct access to blogs, and social networking applications of the project.
INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 3
BioS4You METHODOLOGY AND TEACHING/LEARNING UNITS DESIGN.
A methodology for school curriculum and the setting up of the pedagogical scenarios for the design and creation of teaching/learning modules.
IO3A2 – Pedagogical requirements for the Bios4you educational material (focused on school)
INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 4
INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 5
PILOT PHASE THROUGH FORMAL, NON-FORMAL AND INFORMAL LEARNING EXPERIENCES, ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION.
Each partner will organise a pilot phase to test the tools developed during the implementation of project.
The Bios4You project with aim to bridge the gap between the STEM national curricula including the contents of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and the needs of Z-generation students, apathetic/ uninterested to basic themes, is to connect abstract STEM...
The second multiplier event was organized for Lithuanian teachers on 17 June 2022. The event started at 15:00 pm and lasted until 6:30 pm. Teachers from all over Lithuania were invited to participate in this event. The main purpose of this event was to present the...
The Covid-2019 situation had an impact on the implementation of the Bios4YOU project milestones, therefore the first multiplier event was organized for Lithuanian teachers on March 19, 2022. The event started at 9:35 am and lasted until 1:20 pm. The main purpose of...
The pilot phase of the project “Bios4you – Bio-Inspired STEM topics for engaging young generations” ended on 11 July: numerous students and professors had the opportunity to test the online platform, deepening the topic of climate change. The Bios4you project (project...
On the 9th and 10th of June the final meeting of BIOS4YOU project took place in Adiyaman in Turkey hosted by Adıyaman Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü. All partners have the opportunity for the first time to meet in presence after a long period characterize by the COVID-...
On the 7th of June at the University of Palermo was held the second Italian Multiplier event of BIOS4YOU. The event has been organized by the Dipartimento di Ficica e Chimica – Emilio Segrè of the university of Palermo with the cooperation of CEIPES. During the...